top of page

Find out how to replace your documents.

Last updated December 2022

In major disasters some replacement fees may be waived. Contact a Emergency Relief / Recovery Centre

Australian passports

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may replace passports that have been lost or damaged in declared natural disasters free of charge. Visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website or phone the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232.

Birth, death and marriage certificates

If you and your family have been affected by declared natural disasters you can access a priority service to get replacement certificates.

Replace birth, death and marriage certificates online or phone Consumer and Business Services (CBS) on 131 882.

Certificates of title

A certificate of title is an official record of land ownership in South Australia.

Getting a copy of your certificate of title

Concession and health care cards

To replace concession and health care cards, including Medicare card, Seniors card and Pensioner concession card:

If you need your card urgently, a service centre can provide you with a temporary card.

Firearms licences and registration papers

Phone the SA Police Firearms Branch on 7322 3346 or email

Proof of age card

Apply for a proof of age card online.

Tenancy agreements

To obtain a copy of a tenancy agreement, contact your landlord or agent.

Seniors Card

Contact the Seniors Card Unit (free call 1800 819 961) or email and a replacement card will be ordered for you. There is no charge for a replacement card.

When a new Seniors Card is issued, the old card will be cancelled. Any balance on your card will be automatically transferred to the new card.

Vehicle registration and licences

Phone or visit Service SA to replace a range of documents:

These documents can be replaced online:


SafeWork SA permits, licences and registration

Licensing and authorisation - Safework SA

bottom of page